Mother’s Day and Restaurants
The days are passing as many anticipate the arrival of Mother’s Day. This day culminates to what the restaurant industry lives for: Mother’s Day Brunch.
It’s a lot like the Super Bowl of the culinary world. Thousands are out, eager to celebrate and treat the mom and mother figures in their lives. Do you have an expert gameplan to serve them satisfaction? Patrons aren’t looking for the mundane. No, they’re looking for the best Mother’s Day brunch they can find. Do you have fresh, delicious items on your menu that will lure them in?
For restaurant guests, brunch is an easy and fun way to get the best of breakfast and lunch. Brunch affords more time to get out the door, extra time to exchange gifts prior, and provides an all-around comfortable, leisurely backdrop for an enjoyable meal. Moreover, opening the menu to cover both breakfast and lunch items means there’s likely something for any taste. From the moms center stage to their families, friends and kids in the party, it’s important your menu and atmosphere is inviting and accommodating for all.
Shaping and serving that menu will likely require planning in terms of kitchen staffing and servers. Portions and plating, too!
Below we’ve listed some brunch ideas in hopes of sparking inspiration and creativity for your own signature spin.
Key Brunch Foods
From sweet to savory, a classic pastry is a perfect treat at brunch.
- Offer a basket for the table, featuring Brickfire Bakery Muffins or Butter Croissants.
- Impress with this Espresso Crêpe featuring Shamrock Farm’s Whipping Cream & Four Leaf Roasters Coffee.
The Breakfast Sandwich
- Nothing screams brunch like a breakfast sandwich. Start with a Brickfire Bakery English Muffin and eggs, then get creative! Try Cheddar Cheese With Hatch Chile for a spicy twist!
- Try an Egg’s Benedict Sandwich featuring Cobblestreet Market Hams or Prairie Creek BBQ, both fully cooked with unforgettable flavor.
- Offer a sharable like a breakfast slider!
They’re a bit of a no-brainer, but that doesn’t mean you can’t turn these breakfast staples into something fun and unique for brunch goers. They’re looking for creativity!
- Try a Mexican-inspired egg creation with huevos rancheros tostadas. Fresh veggies and queso fresco bring the dish to life.
- Traditional omelets are great, but offering a wide array of options can really wow guests and bring in new customers. Try a Greek inspired omelet with Villa Frizzoni Feta (4709771).
- Toss some ham in a delicious breakfast Quiché for an added smokey flavor.
On the brink of summer, many are looking for fresh fruit at brunch and a lighter choice to balance out their meal.
- Fruit kabobs are a great grab-and-go dessert, and easy to prepare. They’re also the perfect option for small children. Quick to assemble and fun to eat, they’re a great go-to that won’t exhaust your staff.
- Give mom and her guests the special treatment with mini Brazilian açaí bowl shooters to sweeten up their meal without the added calories.
- For those guests who prefer to drink their fruit, blend up some simple mango smoothies for an easy cooldown treat.
Many guests look forward to this part of the meal most.
- Add a classic, like Strawberry Lace Cheesecake from Brickfire Bakery or Gourmet French Silk Pie (0800931) that will please and impress all your customers, without the pastry chef.
- Bring a bit of the French flavor to your brunch menu with a plum clafoutis. Traditionally it’s made with black cherries, but this version offers guests a sweet flavor, balanced with the buttery flan-like consistency.
No brunch is complete without the option to sip on a coffee. But, coffee is no longer as simple as a regular or decaf. Guests want cold brew coffee or a specialty coffee beverage. Check out this great coffee recipe featuring Four Leaf Roasters.
Start planning! Shamrock Rewards Members can find great items and deals in our Mother’s Day Promotion on now!
Restaurant Preparation and Considerations
Once your brunch menu is set, it’s crucial to prepare your restaurant and staff for the big day. Ensure everything runs smoothly with a timeline to keep you on track and stress free.
Reservations, staff scheduling and other special processes may need to be implemented as well, so prepare your staff now. Policies and practices specific to Mother’s Day need to be addressed to staff as early as possible, so don’t wait until the week of to straighten that out.
Once your perfect Mother’s Day brunch is all set, you want as many guests as you can to fill your restaurant. Don’t neglect social media during a time like this. It’s free advertisement that you control. Plus, everyone is on social media searching for ideas of where to go for Mother’s Day.
- Advertise your menu, special offers and discounts, and treats for all the moms who dine in your restaurant that day.
- Use hashtags wisely to ensure you’re top of mind and relevant to target customers.
Bottom line: Get the word out and make guests excited about where they’re taking mom for her big day. Day of, be sure to document and share all the buzz to connect with any last-minute customers still deciding where to go!
Need to Place an Order?
View our brands and products today.See them all
Share this Post
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.
Talk food to us.
Our team of seasoned professionals is ready to help you choose the right products for your business, and put our deep knowledge of the industry to work for you.