Mother’s Day Timeline
Are you ramping up for the Mother’s Day restaurant rush? Wondering where to start or what to get an early jump on? This quick timeline can help!
8 Weeks Out
- Inventory china, glassware and silverware and place an order for those items as well as tablecloths, napkins, and table decorations
- Hire extra staff to accommodate the significant increase in business that day
- Order flowers or roses to give to moms
- Partner and provide a cross promotional flyer to retailers where men are likely to purchase gifts for mom’s – i.e. day spas, boutiques, card shops etc.
6 Weeks Out
- Take inventory of non-food essentials such as silverware, glassware, linens, napkins, take-out containers, sauté pans and kids cups
- Begin concepting menu offerings and merchandising
5 Weeks Prior
- Finalize the menu and cost it out
- Work with sales rep on any special items needed such as special order items
(like flowers, long stem strawberries, etc.) or items that the customer will use in a large quantity that they do not normally use, such as 12 cases of lemon cheesecake
4 Weeks Prior (One month before Mother’s Day)
3 Weeks Prior
- Burst out another ad/post on social media, tease menu, entertainment, etc.
- Update your online menu across all relevant sites
2 Weeks Prior
- Burst out another social media ad/post stating what they are doing special for mothers (i.e.: all mothers get a free dessert, all mothers get a flower, etc.)
- Also put a printed copy of the ad on the door, as a table tent, or somewhere inside the restaurant so customers dining at that restaurant know that there is something special for Mother’s Day
1 Week Before Mother’s Day
- Place Mother’s Day order and confirm all needed items are in house
- Confirm reservations
Share this Post
Embrace Clean Labels With Cobblestreet MKT.™ All Natural* Deli MeatsSeptember 17, 2019
Cater to Guests On-The-Go With Brickfire Bakery® Loaf CakesSeptember 13, 2019
Shamrock Foods Company Continues Expansion In Western United StatesSeptember 11, 2019
Chef Antonia Lofaso’s Crispy Chicken Haricot Vert SaladSeptember 6, 2019
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.