Top Chef All-Stars Winner, Chef Richard Blais is a successful chef, restaurateur, James Beard nominated cookbook author and television personality. So you can imagine how excited we were to have him step into the Shamrock Foods kitchen to create a series of recipes using the Shamrock Family of Brands.
Yield: 1 portion
6-8 ea Pierport Scallops
2-3 ea Creminelli Prosciutto, 12 months aged
2 tbsp Meat Glue
2 tbsp Shamrock Farms® Butter
2 ea Markon® Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 ea Markon® Thyme Sprigs
1 cup Markon® Tomatoes, chopped
1 ea Markon® Shallot, sliced ¼ inch thin, pickled
1 ea Markon® Arugula (small handful)
½ ea Markon® Baby Fennel, sliced ¼ inch thin and shocked in ice water
For pickling liquid
3 cups Cider Vinegar
1 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
1 tsp Salt
Directions for pickling liquid
Mix all ingredients in a sauce pot over high heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, 2-3 minutes. Pour warm pickling liquid over sliced shallot.
Directions for scallops with prosciutto
- Clean scallops and line prosciutto slices on a flat surface, slightly overlapping.
- Sprinkle meat glue on all sides of scallops and place in a straight row on top of positioned prosciutto.
- Carefully and tightly wrap prosciutto around “loin” of scallops.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Sear scallops wrapped in prosciutto over high heat and baste with butter, garlic, and thyme. Slice loin into even portions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix tomato with shallot, fennel, arugula, and white balsamic.
Share this Post
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.