With a focus on summer produce, this Zucchini Gratin offers a unique and light twist on a traditional gratin which uses potatoes. The creamy zucchini offers the perfect contrast to the crunchy breadcrumbs on top.
Yield: 1- 12 x 20 x 2” full size steam table pan; 36- ½ cups
- ¾ cup Shamrock Farms® Unsalted Solid Butter
- 2 pounds Markon® Jumbo Yellow Onions, Sliced
- 4 pounds, 10 ounces Markon Zucchini Squash, Sliced ¼”
- 1 tablespoon Katy’s Kitchen® Salt
- 2 teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Shamrock Farms 2% Milk
- 1-1/2 cups Katy’s Kitchen Plain Breadcrumbs or Shamrock Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Katy’s Kitchen Parsley Flakes
- 1-1/2 cups Villa Frizzoni® Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter and cook the onions over low heat until tender but not browned.
- Add the zucchini and cook, covered, for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg and cook uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the flour, then add the milk and cook over low heat for a few minutes, until it makes a sauce.
- Pour the zucchini mixture into full size steam table pan.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle over top of the zucchini mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and browned.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for your kitchen.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.