The 2019 Nashville Hot Chicken trend has circled the globe, earning a top spot on the menu at both quick-serve and five-star restaurant concepts and everything in between. If you haven’t already offered this spicy chicken concoction, now is the time and we have what you need to take it to the next level.
The star in this mouth-watering sandwich is the chicken. Our Regal Crest Natural Reserve® Chicken Breasts are process verified by the USDA to have No Antibiotics Ever, not in the shell or at any point through harvest. They are 100% vegetarian fed, raised cage-free, and are minimally processed. This results in the most tender, flavorful chicken sandwich you can offer to your customers.
Plus, the secret ingredient to the delicious coating is Shamrock Farms® Buttermilk and the trick to the perfect deep fry is XTREME® High Oleic Canola Oil. Buttermilk tenderizes the chicken and helps the breading adhere which equates to better coverage and crispier chicken. XTREME is specially formulated for longer fry life and minimal flavor transfer making it ideal for frying up this spicy chicken and a side of fries to go with it.
For a true Southern-style experience, serve on Brickfire Bakery® Brioche or Hamburger Buns and top with creamy Cole slaw and a pickle.
Check out this recipe, featuring our Regal Crest Natural Reserve Chicken and elevate this classic sandwich to set yourself apart.
Hot Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 cup Shamrock Farms® Butter
- 2 Tbsp Katy’s Kitchen® Cayenne Pepper*
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Paprika
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Kosher Salt
- 4 each Regal Crest Natural Reserve® Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 2 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Katy’s Kitchen Blackening Seasoning
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms Buttermilk
- 2 each Fair Meadow® Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- XTREME® High Oleic Canola Oil, for frying
- 4 each Brickfire Bakery® Brioche or Hamburger Buns
- Creamy Cole Slaw for topping, made with Markon® Ready-Set-Serve Cole Slaw Mix
- Dill Pickle Chips
- Warm butter in a small saucepan, whisk in spices and brown sugar and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Make the chicken coating: In one shallow bowl, pour in one cup of all-purpose flour and mix it with salt and pepper. In second shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and hot sauce. In third shallow bowl, whisk together the other cup of flour and blackening seasoning.
- Coating the chicken: Take one piece of chicken and place into first bowl of flour, shake off excess. Then, dip into buttermilk mixture, letting excess drip into bowl. Finally, dredge chicken piece again into final flour bowl. Continue with rest of the chicken breasts.
- Deep fry chicken breasts in XTREME High Oleic Canola Oil until deep golden brown and an internal temperature of 165°. Drain on wire rack.
- Butter and toast buns.
- Brush all sides of fried chicken breasts liberally with the butter and dry spice mixture.
- Place 1 chicken breast on brioche bun, top with creamy Cole slaw, add pickle chips and serve immediately.
*Use less or more Cayenne Pepper to the butter mixture to establish desired heat level.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for your kitchen.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.