Top Chef All-Stars Winner, Chef Richard Blais is a successful chef, restaurateur, James Beard nominated cookbook author and television personality. So you can imagine how excited we were to have him step into the Shamrock Foods kitchen to create a series of recipes using the Shamrock Family of Brands.
Yield: 4-6 skewers
2 ea Regal Crest Natural Reserve Chicken Breasts, cut into 2oz sized pieces
2 ea Gold Canyon Angus teres major, cut into 2oz sized pieces
2 tbsp Shamrock Farms butter
1 cup Yakitori sauce
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Katy’s Kitchen fresh cracked black pepper
Special Equipment (Optional)
10-12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
1 ea small Yakitori or charcoal grill
4-5 ea binchotan coals (than or similar)
DIRECTIONS for Preparing the Skewers
- Set an immersion circulator to 135 F and heat grill to highest temperature possible (500 F- 550 F)
- Toss beef and chicken separately in yakitori sauce. Place in ziplock or bowl covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place each protein separately in a heavy duty airtight bag, season with salt and pepper and divide the butter between the bags. Seal using a foodsaver or similar method.
- Place beef sous vide in set up circulator and cook for at least 1 hour, or up to 2. When done, remove beef from bag, and strain juices into yakitori sauce.
- Increase the temperature of the immersion circulator to 155F and cook at least 1 hour. When done, remove the chicken from the bag and strain juices into yakitori sauce.
- Skewer beef and chicken with wooden skewers and cook on heated grill until browned evenly on all sides.
- Brush the beef and chicken periodically with yakitori sauce during grilling.
DIRECTIONS For Preparing Yakitori Sauce
½ cup dark soy sauce or tamari
¼ cup mirin
2 tablespoons sake or dry sherry
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 Markon garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce or tamari, mirin, sake or sherry, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes, until thickened.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons sauce for serving.
Share this Post
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.