Highlighting Southwestern cuisine, these smoky chicken peanut tacos offer a unique blend of flavors different from traditional chicken tacos, creating a smoky, savory flavor with a hint of spice.
Yield: 20- 2 tacos
- 5 pounds Regal Crest Natural Reserve® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2-1/2 cups Katy’s Kitchen® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons Shamrock Farms® Unsalted Solid Butter, melted
- 10 cloves Markon® Whole Peeled Garlic
- 1 cup Whole Chipotle Peppers with Adobo Sauce
- 5 tablespoons Markon Fresh Lime Juice
- 40 Vista Verde® Flour Tortillas, 6 inch
- 2-1/2 cups Markon Cilantro, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups Markon Red Cabbage, shredded
- Boil chicken for 20-30 minutes until 165 degrees F. Remove from the pot and let rest 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, use two forks to shred chicken.
- In food processor, puree peanut butter, water, melted butter, garlic, chipotles, and adobo sauce.
- Pour sauce into full size steam table pan. Add shredded chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, cover with foil and reheat to 165 degrees F.
- Drizzle lime juice over chicken. Mix lightly.
- Warm tortillas.
- Portion 2 oz chicken and sauce in each tortilla. Garnish with 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 tablespoon shredded red cabbage before serving.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for your kitchen.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.