In season produce report
Green beans should have long, straight-yet-plump pods with consistently deep green color. Try snapping one—beans should break easily when you bend them. Pair with anchovies, hazelnuts, citrus, or sour cream.
These pumpkin-like squashes have leathery, green skins and deep orange flesh. Their inherent sweetness is enhanced when roasted—try them in broth soups, thick stews, and desserts like panna cotta and cheesecakes.
Seedless, sectioned oranges add bright citrus notes with a hint of sweetness and plenty of juice. Add to salsas, chutneys, ceviches, and leafy green salads. Pair with chocolate, brandy, cinnamon, ginger, or vanilla.
Shallots are onions’ milder cousins. Use as a direct substitute, especially in delicate applications like vinaigrettes, cream sauces, and quiches. Ideal partners with apples, fish, sherry, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Spread puff pastry squares with ‘nduja sausage, then top with confited Ready-SetServe® (RSS) Shallots, sautéed Markon First Crop® (MFC) Shiitake Mushrooms, and shaved Grana Padano.
- Toss together roasted baby red beets, finely minced RSS Shallots, RSS Orange Sections, and Upland cress; drizzle with creamy wasabi dressing and sprinkle with almond dukkah.
- Julienne peeled Kabocha squash, then fry strips until crisp; toss with turmeric dust and serve with yuzu aioli.
- Char RSS Trimmed Green Beans, then toss with RSS Orange Sections, shaved horseradish, crispy pork belly, and arare rice crackers.
- Coat RSS Trimmed Green Beans with buttermilk-IPA batter and house-made, roasted garlic breadcrumbs—deep fry until light and crispy; serve with zhug dipping sauce.
- Serve pan-roasted salmon fillets over nutty farro; top with raita and chutney consisting of RSS Orange Sections, minced MFC Fennel, and toasted mustard seeds.
- Braise short ribs with sliced RSS Shallots, chunks of Kabocha squash, five-spice powder, fresh ginger, and RSS Peeled Garlic.
- Simmer RSS Cauliflower Florets, RSS Trimmed Green Beans, and chunks of fried paneer cheese in a spicy, Indian curry sauce; serve with Basmati rice, garlic naan, and cilantro-green cayenne chile pepper chutney.
- Top roasted Kabocha squash mochi ice cream with caramelized chunks of Kabocha, freshly whipped cream, and ume-maple syrup.
- Serve gingerbread cake squares topped with Italian meringue gelato, RSS Orange Sections, rose water, and finely minced, candied pistachios.
Share this Post
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.