Autumn is here, and that means just 1 thing — it’s pumpkin season. Whether it’s flavoring fall favorites or adding some seasonal flare to your decor, there’s a pumpkin for you.
The Big Mac Pumpkin earns its name, averaging anyway from 50-200 pounds. The color ranges from red-orange to bright orange with classic deep ribs; perfect for carving or your customer’s favorite photo op.
Tiger pumpkins are a beautiful addition to any decor. With their namesake vertical stripes, they range between 7-12 centimeters in diameter, making them an easy addition to any display. Round, squat, and slightly flattened in shape, they vary in color from green, white to orange.
The classic Sugar Pie pumpkin is typically smaller than your standard carving pumpkin, on average 2-6 pounds. This petite pumpkin has a round shape and classic orange colored exterior. The inner flesh is bright orange and transforms into a sweet nutty treat when baked, making them perfect for pies, autumn roasts, or seasonal soups — or our fall favorite, pumpkin butter.
Contact your Shamrock Foods Sales Representative for the season’s best product and planning your guests’ next culinary adventure.
- 4 cups roasted, sugar pie pumpkin
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Katy’s Kitchen ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen ground cloves
- 1 ½ cups Katy’s Kitchen white sugar
- 2 teaspoons Katy’s Kitchen ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen ground nutmeg
- Add pumpkin flesh (without the skin) in a blender. Add juice and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until thickened to your desired consistency.
- Cool and serve.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.