A refreshing summer pasta salad that offers a simple way to incorporate extra vegetable servings into your dish. This pasta with pesto and peas salad is an inexpensive way to create a colorful dish that’s perfect for summer BBQ’s.
Yield: 1- 12 x 20 x 2” full size steam table pan; 30- ½ cups
- 1 pound, 8 ounces Villa Frizzoni® Farfalle Bowtie Pasta
- ¼ cup Trifoglio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 cups Villa Frizzoni Basil Pesto Sauce
- 1 pound, 2 ounces Markon® Fresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons Katy’s Kitchen® 100% Lemon Juice
- 1-1/4 cup Katy’s Kitchen Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Villa Frizzoni Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1-1/2 cup Bountiful Harvest® Frozen Green Peas, thawed
- ¾ teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Katy’s Kitchen Black Pepper
- Cook the farfalle bowtie pasta until al dente. Drain and toss with olive oil. Let pasta cool and reserve for later step.
- In a food processor, puree the basil pesto sauce, spinach, and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and puree. Note: This does not puree to a smooth texture, more granulated.
- Combine the pesto mixture and cooled pasta, then gently stir in parmesan cheese, peas, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to full size steam table pan and chill until ready to serve.
Share this Post
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for your kitchen.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.