Pork & Beef Meatball Calzone
Meatballs. Not only are they a trending food, but also their versatility and portability make them ideal for takeout and meal kits.
Whether you use them in an entrée or sharables, there’s an option for just about any dish that you send out your doors for customers to enjoy at home. That said, dinner continues to be the biggest challenge for consumers as they try to juggle work, schooling options and activities.
Villa Frizzoni® Italian-Style Meatballs are perfect for helping you make the most of takeout. They are fully cooked and frozen, offering operators time and labor saving convenience while providing consistent quality, flavor and size. Made with high-quality primal cuts of beef and pork and seasoned with Italian herbs and spices and Romano and Ricotta cheeses, Villa Frizzoni Meatballs serve up authentic Italian flavor. They can also be easily seasoned or glazed to add your own unique flavor.
Consider the Pork and Beef Meatball Calzone recipe below. Dishes like this delicious one from Villa Frizzoni travel well and can be easily reheated to help guests dining at home recreate an Italian date night they would typically enjoy in restaurant. For more inspiration, click here.
Meatballs are also a great protein option for at-home meal kits for customers. Simply pair with Villa Frizzoni pasta, cheese and tomatoes, and you’ve taken the stress away from meal planning for your guests.
Serving Size: 2
16½ oz Villa Frizzoni® Premium Italian Style Pork & Beef Meatballs
16 oz. Refrigerated Pizza Dough Ball
1 Tbsp. Villa Frizzoni Marinara Sauce
1 cup Villa Frizzoni Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Large Fair Meadow® Egg
1 tsp Water
Flour for dusting surface
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough ball to a ¼ inch thickness on a lightly floured work surface. Cut two large circles into the dough.
- Using a fork, pierce a few small holes into the dough circles.
- Coat the center of the circles with 2 tablespoons of sauce, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Place about 8 meatballs onto the bottom half of the sauced dough circles and sprinkle approximately 1 cup of mozzarella cheese onto the meatballs.
- Fold dough in half over the filling and roll the edges by pressing and crimping them together to seal.
- Place calzones onto a baking sheet. Beat the eggs with water in a bowl and brush over the top of the calzones.
- Place calzones into the preheated oven and bake 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven place into pizza box and serve with sides or warmed marinara sauce.
Reheating: Customer can remove from box, place onto baking sheet with parchment paper and place into a 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes
Talk to your Shamrock Foods Sales Representative about the many flavorful high-quality Villa Frizzoni products available to you.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for your kitchen.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.