GOLD CANYON® PREMIUM BISON
Tame your health-conscious guests’ craving for wild game with Gold Canyon Meat Co. Premium Bison. Raised on the open range by family ranchers who adhere to strict ethical treatment guidelines, this lean protein is naturally tender, rich in beefy flavor, and will add a taste of adventure to your unique menu.
HUMANELY RAISED BISON
Gold Canyon Premium Bison is raised by independent rancher-owners with over two decades of experience. Our ranchers raise livestock humanely – with no added stimulants, growth hormones or antibiotics. These strict protocols result in clean, satisfying flavor in every cut, every time.
Our superior bison meat is air-chilled to ensure brightness in color and fresh, full flavor. Plus, it’s Traceability Source Verified, and our facility is certified Safe Quality Foods (SQF) from harvest through processing.
SMART NUTRITIONAL CHOICE
Gold Canyon Premium Bison is high in protein and has more iron and less fat, cholesterol, and calories than other popular meats. It is more tender than beef with about half the calories, so it is a smart alternative for flexitarians looking for novel protein options.
GOLD CANYON’S PREMIUM SELECTION
For over 50 years, Gold Canyon’s trained meat cutters have hand-crafted custom cuts of the highest quality proteins, helping to set our customers and their dishes apart from the competition. As the popularity of bison grows, finding the right cut for your menu is a top priority. Our wide variety of premium bison cuts, from bison brisket to burgers, are ready to add versatility to your menu.
Contact your Shamrock Foods Sales Representative to see how you can add Gold Canyon Premium Bison to your menu.
COFFEE RUBBED BISON TENDERLOIN
- 1/3 cup ground Four Leaf Roasters Espresso beans
- 1/3 cup Katy’s Kitchen® brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Katy’s Kitchen paprika
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen cayenne
- Combine rub ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Bring bison to room temperature (about 30 minutes), then pat dry.
- Rub Bison lightly with 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle on all sides with rub (2-3 tbsp).
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet on medium high heat and sear the bison until nicely colored, approx. 5-6 minutes
- Transfer bison to a rack in a roasting pan and roast about 20 minutes at 275F until internal temperature is 125F.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes, the internal temperature should be 125F-135F for medium-rare. Slice, plate and serve.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.