Top Chef All-Stars Winner, Chef Richard Blais is a successful chef, restaurateur, James Beard nominated cookbook author and television personality. So you can imagine how excited we were to have him step into the Shamrock Foods kitchen to create a series of recipes using the Shamrock Family of Brands.
1 ea Gold Canyon Angus® Bistro Tender
1 ea Prairie Creek Short Rib, pulled or shredded into small pieces
½ tbsp Salt
1 tsp Katy’s Kitchen® Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
8 oz Raclette Cheese or Cheese Curds
1 oz Aspen Gold XTREME High Oleic Cooking Oil
1 ea Markon® Shallot
6 oz Shamrock Farms® Butter
4 oz Flour
35g Tomato Powder
20g Katy’s Kitchen® Chili Powder
20g Katy’s Kitchen® Cumin
4 cups Beef Stock
1 bunch Markon® Cilantro, chopped
2 ea Markon® Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 qts Bountiful Harvest® French Fries
Fryer filled with oil, set to 350ºF
Immersion circulator set to 135ºF
- Chop shallot and 1 garlic clove finely. Season bistro tender on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Set up a sous vide bag with bistro tender, 1 tbsp butter, and 1 clove crushed garlic. Seal and place in sous vide. Cook, at 135ºF for at least 1.5 hours, up to 3 hours. When done, remove steak from bag and strain, reserve juices for gravy.
- Heat a cast iron or saute pan to high heat. Sear bistro tender on both sides until browned.
- Let steak rest at least 2 minutes before slicing. Slice steak into thin slices.
- Heat saute pan with one ounce oil, over medium high heat. Add garlic and shallots and sweat until softened, about one minute.
- Add butter and cook until it begins to foam.
- Dust in flour, while stirring with a whisk, until all flour has been incorporated.
- Add spices, then beef stock and sous vide juices and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the flour taste is cooked out. Fold in short rib and steak.
- Fry french fries until crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes depending on thickness.
- Cover fries with gravy, cheese, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Share this Post
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.