Typically, Mother’s Day is the most lucrative holiday of the year for restaurant operators. Although this year has been anything but typical, families are longing for opportunities to celebrate. Whether providing a special occasion experience at home with takeout and delivery or boosting in-dining traffic with unique menus and offers, restaurant operators will benefit by providing guests ways to recognize the mom in their family.
Takeout and Delivery
- Offer FREE delivery on Mother’s Day menu items
- Create a Heat-and-Serve family bundle with spring-focused ingredients
- Upsell flower bouquets to be delivered with meals
- Create specialty juice mimosa or Bloody Mary kits to serve six to eight people
- Offer trays of house-baked cinnamon rolls or monkey bread
- Sell splits of Champagne
- Take pre-orders for cakes and pies
- Add a bounce back offer for future dining; signed by the chef
- Don’t forget dinner! Supplement menus with limited time offer non-brunch items to help split up volume
- In lieu of buffet options, offer a prix fixe all-inclusive menu to enhance the perceived value
- Open earlier than usual, end brunch by 2 p.m. and transition to an upscale dinner menu
- Designate a Champagne or Mimosa to be bottomless for the day
- Offer mom a complimentary dessert
- Feature live musical entertainment to set the mood
- Partner with a charity or cause and communicate commitment to donate a percentage of sales
- Limit the menu to allow the kitchen to execute at their best even with heavy traffic
- Host a Mother’s Day Eve event for those opting to celebrate early
- Assure reservation systems are accurate with hours of operations and COVID-19 guidelines
Perhaps most important, don’t forget to market what you have to offer. Be sure to share details out early via social media, table tents, email blasts and signage. In addition to menu features and operational details, consider offering unique promotions such as a complimentary $10 gift card for every $50 spent or even a raffle to win a live or virtual cooking class with your chef.
Contact your Shamrock Foods Sales Representative today to help ensure you have everything you need to make Mother’s Day special for your guests.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.