Top Chef All-Stars Winner, Chef Richard Blais is a successful chef, restaurateur, James Beard nominated cookbook author and television personality. So you can imagine how excited we were to have him step into the Shamrock Foods kitchen to create a series of recipes using the Shamrock Family of Brands.
1440g Shamrock Farms® Heavy Cream
1440g Shamrock Farms® Milk
544g Fair Meadow Egg Yolks
1000g Plantains (very ripe soft, black skins)
2 cups Shamrock Farms® Heavy Cream (for whipped cream)
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Vanilla Bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Scale out all ingredients and get an ice bath.
- Heat cream, milk, and glucose in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Once brought to a simmer, whisk sugar into yolks.
- Temper yolks with 1/3 cream mixture.
- Whisk yolks back into saucepan and cook until it reaches 175ºF.
- Blend plantains in a blender until smooth, strain through a chinois.
- Fold blended plantains into ice cream base.
- Place over ice bath and stir until cool. Reserve.
- Serve in 2-3 waffle cones or bowls.
Share this Post
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for the kitchen.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.