By Chef Michael Voltaggio
- 2 Bananas, Ripe
- 100g Shamrock Farms® Heavy Cream
- Markon Essentials® Lemons, Zest and Juice
- 2 Jars of Capers
- 1 Bunch Dill
- 1 Bunch Markon® Flatleaf Parsley,
- 1 Markon® Shallot
- Katy’s Kitchen® Kosher Salt
- Katy’s Kitchen® Black Pepper1
- Pier 22 Premium® Redfish
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Bottle Red Wine Vinegar
- Trifoglio® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Bag Arare Rice Pearls
- 6 Fair Meadow® Eggs
- 2 Cups Katy’s Kitchen® All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- Microwave the banana in their skin for 3 minutes.
- Blend, the cooked & peeled banana with the heavy cream and the juice of 1 lemon, until smooth.
- Pour banana purée into a small mixing bowl. Fold in the chopped capers, chopped herbs, minced shallot, lemon zest making tartar sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes.
- Dress lightly with a drizzle of red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pick dill and parsley sprigs.
- Toss torn herbs with dressed tomatoes.
- Process dried capers in a spice grinder until you have a fine powder.
- Slice the rockfish into 3oz rectangle portions.
- To set up the breading station, old bay seasoned flour, egg wash, and Arare pearls in containers.
- Season each portion of fish lightly with salt.
- Dip only the top of each fish into seasoned flour, then egg wash, then Arare, creating a crust on the top half of the fish.
- Heat a pan with a little oil for sautéing. Place the fish crust side down into the pan. Cook until Arare pearls golden brown.
- Flip over, add butter and baste until crispy 2-3 min.
To Plate: Place a dollop of tartar sauce on the plate. Lay one pave of fish next to sauce. Season the dish with caper powder. Finish by placing the herb and tomato salad on and around the fish.
Share this Post
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Download and use these helpful conversion charts in your kitchen whenever you need a refresher.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.