In 2020, homebound families sought any excuse to celebrate. National Pancake Day. Siblings Day. Monthaversaries. And, the trend is holding steady in 2021. Whether celebrating a popular or never-before-celebrated holiday, bringing a meal to a relative or neighbor, or enhancing a family movie night or front patio happy hour, platters continue to gain in popularity.
Operators tapping into the platter trend are finding success with multi-serving options for both at-home meals and at-home entertainment. Customers love the easy prep and minimal clean-up. Restaurateurs benefit from the staffing efficiencies of pre-ordered platters and the overall additional revenue stream.
Best of all, the options are endless. Platters can be themed by daypart, heritage or occasion. They can be based on dietary preference (vegan), seasonality, or product specific. They can be the appetizer, side dish, main course or dessert.
And, what’s the perfect accompaniment to any platter? A delicious dip. One trick we’re fond of when it comes to dip creation is using Shamrock Farms® Sour Cream in place of most mayonnaise applications for a richer, creamier result.
Some of our favorite platter ideas (and dip pairings) include:
- Deviled Egg Sampler
- Regal Crest Farms® Signature Chicken Wings
- Bagel Chips and Dip
- Mini Deli Sandwiches
- Pier 22 Signature Smoked Salmon Platter
- Farmhouse Veggie with Dip
- Seasonal Fruit with Organic Honey Sour Cream Dip
- Assorted Wraps with Smoky Chipotle Spread
- Build-Your-Own Street Tacos or Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Crema
- Take and Bake Nachos
- Grilled Beef, Chicken, and/or Lamb Skewers from Gold Canyon Meat CO. ® with Horseradish Dill Sauce
- Homemade Chili Bar
- Asian Bao Bun Sandwiches with Hoisin Ginger Sour Cream Sauce and Pineapple Slaw
- Hamburger Sliders
- Fruit-Filled Crepes with Sour Cream Mint Sauce
- Baby Iceberg Wedge Salad with Dressing
- Luxardo Cherry Parfaits with Sour Cream, Toasted Almonds and Shortbread Cookies
- Assorted Pierogis with Sour Cream Black Garlic Dip
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Sour Cream Toasted Peanut Sauce
- Grilled Baby Romaine Caesar with Sour Cream and Roasted Garlic Dressing
- Tamales with Cilantro Lime Crema Sauce
- Loaded Baked Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Sour Cream Drizzle
- Roasted Street Corn with Sour Cream
- Spinach and Bacon Salad with Sour Cream Buttermilk Dressing
- Layered Southwestern Dip
- Hot Pot Queso Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch
- Honey Ricotta
- Cilantro Lime White Bean Dip
- Edamame Garlic Spread
- Caramelized Onion and Asiago Fondue
- Kale, Artichoke, and White Bean Dip
- Raspberry Habanero Dipping Saunce
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Asian Peanut Dip
- Whipped Feta and Olive Dip
Just beginning to offer platters? Check out these must-have platter products to get started.
- Iceberg Baby Heart Lettuce
- Assorted Baby Carrots
- Bite-Size Broccoli Florets
- Bite-Size Cauliflower Florets
- Heirloom Baby Tomato Medley
- Honeydew Melon
- Baby Spinach
- Hearty Slaw
- Watermelon Radish
- Baby Head Red Romaine Lettuce
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Trimmed Green Beans
- Organic Shredded Rainbow Blend Carrots
- Diced 3/8″ Tomato
- Hass Avocado Chunks
- Black Peeled Garlic
- Green Leaf Fillet Lettuce
- Brussel Sprouts Halves
The next step? Reach out to your Shamrock Foods Sales Representative to brainstorm the most impactful platter opportunities for your establishment and to order the right product mix.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.