By Chef Michael Voltaggio
- 1lb Carefree HWY Whole Bean Coffee
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 600g Katy’s Kitchen® Lemon Juice
- 2e Vanilla Beans
Lemon Curd Cheese Cake
- 600g Katy’s Kitchen® Sugar
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 6 Sheets Gelatin (Gold)
- 600g Shamrock Farms Cream Cheese
Chocolate Hazelnut Sponge
- 250g Nutella
- 250g Fair Meadow® Liquid Egg Whites
- 150g Egg Yolks
- 75g Katy’s Kitchen® All Purpose Flour
- 100g Sugar
- 2g Katy’s Kitchen Kosher Salt
- 2 Pints Blackberries
For the Coffee Cream
- Place whole coffee beans and cream in a container together and allow to infuse in the refrigerator overnight.
- Strain coffee cream, discard the beans.
- Before service, whip the cream with the powder sugar to stiff peaks.
For the Cheesecake
- Place lemon juice, 600g sugar, the scrape vanilla beans in pot. Bring to simmer.
- Temper in egg yolks and whole eggs. Cook until nape. Remove from heat.
- Add bloomed gelatin leaves. Mix in the cream cheese, 3g salt and process until smooth with immersion blender.
- Pour into cheesecake molds and freeze.
- Once frozen, take out and allow to temper in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For the Chocolate Hazelnut Sponge
- Add the Nutella, egg whites, egg yolks to a blender.
- Add the flour, 100g sugar, and 2g salt to a blender bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into an iSi whipping canister, only filling 3/4 of the way.
- Close and charge the whipper with 2 N02 charges and shake vigorously.
- Extract into a paper cup, filling it halfway with what looks like a light mousse. Microwave each cake for 45 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and store face down in the cup until ready to serve.
For the Berry Consumé
- Place 1 pint of blackberries and 150g sugar in a bowl.
- Put over a small pot and cook over double bowl until juice extracts, creating a berry consumé.
- Strain consumé and cool, discard the cooked berries.
- Cut the remaining pint of berries in half. Place the fresh berry halves into the consumé.
To Plate: Put one “cheesecake” on each plate. Spoon berries and consumé around the cheesecake. Place a couple dollops of coffee whipped cream around the cheesecake. Rip the cake and place around the cheesecake.
Share this Post
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Download and use these helpful conversion charts in your kitchen whenever you need a refresher.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.