A delicious vegetarian/vegan option that packs the earthy flavors of cumin-roasted cauliflower, pickled red onions, and Oaxacan mole sauce.
Serves 4 (2 tacos each)
- 3 cups Markon Ready-Set-Serve (rss) cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp. Trifoglio® Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. Katy’s Kitchen® ground cumin, toasted
- ½ cup Oaxacan brown mole sauce
- 8 Vista Verde corn tortillas, grilled or warmed
- ½ cup rss washed & trimmed cilantro
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Katy’s Kitchen® sugar
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Markon First Crop® red onions, sliced thin
To make pickled onions:
- Whisk ACV, sugar and salt with and 1 cup water in a bowl until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Place onion in a jar and pour vinegar mixture over.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Can be made ahead and held.
To make tacos:
- Toss cauliflower with oil, salt, and cumin.
- Roast until tender and starting to brown (approximately 20 minutes).
- Fill tortillas with equal parts roasted cauliflower. Drizzle each taco with mole sauce.
- Top each taco with equal parts pickled onions, cilantro, cheese, and sesame seeds.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.