4 ea Markon Yellow Onions (cut into ½ in rings)
4 cups Katy's Kitchen AP Flour
2 tbsp Kosher Salt
½ tsp White Pepper
½ tsp Katy's Kitchen Cayenne
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Light Beer
Oil for frying, heated to 375 degrees*
- Set cut onions in to soak in ice water.
- In a separate bowl, add 2 cups unseasoned flour and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cayenne, baking powder and the other 2 cups of flour, mix well.
- Slowly whisk in beer to the dry seasoned flour mixture and combine. Do not over mix.
Add more flour or more beer to reach desired consistency.
Procedure For Frying
- Remove onions from ice water and pat dry.
- Toss onion rings in the unseasoned flour and coat.
- Drop floured onion rings into the wet flour mix and toss to coat onion rings completely.
- Slowly drop onion rings one at a time into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove onion rings from the oil and place them into a bowl or on a plate. Season with salt and pepper or any seasoning you desire.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.
Talk food to us.
Our team of seasoned professionals is ready to help you choose the right products for your business, and put our deep knowledge of the industry to work for you.