As we enter 2023, we are looking forward to another flavorful year. Chris Casson, Vice President of Sales for Produce and Specialty Foods for Shamrock Foods, joined us on the Kitchen Conversations podcast to discuss his predictions for restaurant trends and his favorite products for the upcoming year.
Customer Challenge of the Year: Labor
The hiring challenges of 2022 will continue to give restaurants opportunities to get creative on their line. Chris recommends taking advantage of pre-prepped items, like Ready-Set-Serve by Markon®.
Our team of specialists and business experts got together to identify the best prep-friendly recommendations for your foodservice operation. Check out our Chef Approved Prep page.
Chris’ Favorite Products of the Year
Built by our team of Italian specialists, Bella Bello by Shamrock Foods leverages our passion and expertise to develop an assortment of authentic, high-quality Italian ingredients meant to elevate every dish. Our experts have sourced an assortment of premium Pizza and fine Italian ingredients and authentic products that you can trust.
Menu Trends to take advantage of
- Shareable Boards
- Non-alcoholic Mocktails
- Nontraditional condiments
- Secondary Meat Cuts
Flavors to watch
- Canned Seafood: Be on the lookout for imported mussels, clams, anchovies & sardines.
- Latin/Mexican Influences
- Macha: Salsa Macha is rooted in the Mexican states of Veracruz and Oaxaca, and typically contains garlic, dried chiles, fried and chopped and held in its own infused oil.
- Elote Flavor – Inspired by the traditional Mexican street food, Elote is traditionally made from corn, topped with lime and mayonnaise, then rolled in crumbled cotija cheese and chili powder. This year, expect to find these flavors on everything from appetizers, like corn fritters, to entrées, like Elote Mac N’ Cheese.
- Birria: Originating in Jalisco, this dish is traditionally made from goat meat, but can be made from beef, lamb, mutton or chicken. The meat is marinated in an adobo made of vinegar, dried chiles, garlic, and herbs and spices before being cooked into a stew.
Listen to the Full Kitchen Conversations Episode here
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
LET’S OPTIMIZE YOUR OPERATIONS
Check out our resources to help give your menu edge, make your kitchen more efficient and put our team of experts to work for you.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Maximize profitability with this simple, powerful tool that helps calculate your operation’s break-even point and more.
Exclusive to our customers, an easy way to manage purchase tracking, inventory and menu costs.