Business ideas are written on napkins. Acquaintances become friends. First dates evolve into marriage proposals. Accomplishments both great and small are celebrated. While we may not be able to enjoy our favorite in-restaurant experiences at this exact moment in time, they’ll be here for us in the future – if we’re here for them now.
There are many ways to support restaurants while still abiding by the rules of social-distancing. Let’s all do our part to help this vital part of our lives and the people in our communities whose livelihood depends on it.
Take-out and Delivery
Restaurants are adding limited-contact in-restaurant to-go, curbside pickup and delivery options for guests by the minute. Visit the websites and social channels of your favorite restaurants to find out what your options are.
Restaurants need revenue now. Many restaurants, especially those that are small local businesses, are often week-to-week businesses. More and more restaurant employees are being forced out of work daily. But the public can help get much-needed revenue to restaurants now, for use later. Buying a gift card is a way to support restaurants today and treat yourself once things have settled down.
There is also a new “support now” opportunity by purchasing Dining Bonds, which work just like savings bonds. Guests can purchase a bond at a value rate today to be redeemed for full face value in the future. Check it out at www.supportrestaurants.org and encourage your favorite restaurants to sign-up.
Servers and delivery workers rely on tips, so now is the time to tip and tip generously. When possible, tip electronically online, via an app or over the phone. If tipping in cash, remember to wash your hands after handling the money. And, when filling out a receipt, try using your own pen.
At this unique time when we’re being called upon to do so much for the collective good, let’s all add supporting restaurants to our list. Here are some great resources to guide our efforts.
Note: Check back often for updated links and hashtags supporting the restaurant industry.
Looking for more information regarding how to make a positive impact on the restaurant industry? Check out these links and let us know of others you come across that we can add to the list.
- Curious what restaurants in Denver are offering delivery, to-go and curbside pick-up? Click here.
- Join the #RallyForRestaurants movement and buy a gift card to favorite place! Buy gift cards here: https://rallyforrestaurants.com/
- Browse carry out options around the country here.
- Interested in supporting restaurant with a dining bond? Learn more here.
- Looking for restaurants in Boise, ID offering takeout? Click here.
- Check out To Go Denver for a list of restaurants in the area offering to-go, delivery, drive though, curbside pick-up and more.
- AZ Take-Out Week 2020 is coming! Click here to learn more: https://arizonarestaurantweek.com/
- Check out this map of Valley (AZ) restaurants open for take-out and delivery.
- Check out what’s open in Arizona with ABC15’s new resource: We’re Open, Arizona!
- Searching for what restaurants are open in New Mexico? Click here.
- San Diego Restaurant Week is here! Find your favorites here.
- Want to know what restaurants are open in California? Check here.
Use hashtags such as these (and let us know of others you find!) when social posting about a dining experience and/or encouraging others to support restaurants.
Share this Post
Get Rewarded Like Never Before
Get more great menu ideas and great savings on items you already purchase. Enjoy exclusive offers, rebates and promotions, and the chance to win great prizes, including trips to some amazing destinations with Shamrock Rewards.
Prep, Weigh, Measure
Use these tools to help manage your inventory and optimize your kitchen.
Your online portal to place orders, track your deliveries and access your transaction history.
Quickly convert measurements for your recipes with these helpful conversion charts for your kitchen.
Find fresh ideas for your menu, tips to enhance your operations and customer success stories in our magazine.